Explore the city Mobile
15 free minutes*
Explore the area with the MVG bike
MVG Rad is your ideal means of transportation - whether it's for short distances, sightseeing, or cycling tours. There are 4,500 silver-blue rental bikes available throughout the city and in the districts of Munich and Starnberg as well as the municipality of Poing. With your CityTourCard Munich, you get 15 free minutes for your first ride on an MVG bike*.
Just sign up, hop on and start cycling.
To use an MVG bike, simply proceed as follows:
- Download the free MVGO app.
- Register once or use the M-Login to log in.
- Enter the 6-digit voucher code (169016) in your profile in the app under "MVG Rad Vergünstigungen" and unlock 15 free minutes.
- Let the app show you the nearest MVG bike.
- On-site, simply enter the PIN from the app on the onboard computer, open the cable lock, or take the bike out of the station - and off you go!
Once the free minutes have been used up, you can continue to ride at the standard rate of 9 cents/minute - and it's even cheaper for students at participating universities and for anyone who has an IsarCard subscription or a Deutschlandticket from the MVG. Frequent users can benefit from attractive subscriptions and minute packages.
The easy way through Munich by MVG bike
Munich, the lively capital of Bavaria, is not only rich in sights and experiences in the heart of the city but also in the neighboring communities in the district of Munich. One of the best ways to discover this diversity is with the MVG bike system. The robust and reliable MVG bikes are ideal for exploring the city and its surroundings, especially the last few kilometers after getting off public transport.
From public transport directly onto the bike
With MVG bikes, the transition from public transport to individual transportation is child's play. Whether you need to get from a subway station to a distant destination in the city or want to discover the charming corners of Munich's communities, MVG bikes are available at fixed stations to accompany you on your journey. These stations are strategically placed so that they are always close to important transportation hubs and popular destinations.
Find a bike quickly with the Mobility app
The use of MVG bikes is facilitated by the intuitive Mobility App, which not only shows the location of the nearest bikes but also allows them to be rented quickly and easily. If you have any questions or problems, the MVG hotline service team is always ready to offer support. Behind this efficient service is Stadtwerke München, which is committed to sustainable and modern mobility in the region.
The MVG bike system is a practical addition to public transport and also offers a unique experience to discover the beauty and diversity of Munich and the district of Munich in an environmentally friendly and healthy way. With your CityTourCard Munich, you get 15 free minutes*.
- Regardless of how often you rent and return the bike or how long your tour may be: You never pay more than 12 euros per day.
- If you return your MVG bike to a bike station in the city, you will receive up to five free minutes as a thank you.
- Outside the return area, please always return your MVG bike to a station and save the service fee.
You can find more information here.
Your advantage with the CityTourCard Munich: 15 free minutes*
*Exclusively for owners of the CityTourCard Munich
*Proceed as in the text